The ABF Education Leadership Academy will train 320 school teachers and principals of schools nationwide, attended by 44,000 students.
“Education Leadership Academy” is the latest initiative of ABF. It is organized in partnership with the Qualification Department at Plovdiv University, Teachers’ College, Columbia University and the Bank Street College of Education in New York to enhance the prestige of teaching and the quality of education in the country, tailored to the needs of Bulgaria’s educators.
Every year, the Academy will select two or three geographic hubs where it will train school teams. The training programs will focus on new teaching methods, innovations in the organization of the learning process, and the meaningful use of educational technology. ABF begins with Varna and Razgrad (with school teams from Razgrad, Silistra, Targovishte, Dobrich and Shumen). In November, the Academy will host an annual meeting for its alumni – now numbering more than 200.
During school year 2017-2018, the Education Leadership Academy will offer six professional develoment programs:
- “Progressive Educational Practices” (conducted by professionals from Bank Street College of New York).
- “New Teaching Methods ” (conducted by professionals from Columbia University of New York).
- “Training Mentors for New Methods of Teaching” (conducted by professionals from Columbia University of New York).
- “Educational Technology Specialist” (conducted by Columbia University of New York).
- “Training Mentors for Educational Technology Specialists” (conducted by Columbia University of New York).
- “Workshop for Professional Development of Teachers and School Principals” (a three-day seminar for the whole community of teachers and directors who have passed the qualification programs of the Academy).